BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

P2 WOD3

"I have loved the stars too fondly
to be fearful of the night" -Galileo-

Well another morning at good 'ole CFFM. Lots of peeps at the gym, its actually quite nice to have a group there... The atmosphere is really different when its just one or two people. Brod and I did the front squats and the 12 min OTM PC and burpees.

Front squats weren't too bad, I don't really remember my max, it's in my old notebook somewhere... gotta check. I actually found my 1,3, & 5 RM today, So I guess you can say i PR'ed but didn't really say anything at the gym.... I got 1RM: 165, 3RM: 155, and 5RM: 145.  I really should have gotten 155 for my 3, but I think the 165 attempt scared me a little bit. But oh well, another day.  I felt good though, elbows up, knees out, tight tight & tight. I used the belt for the last couple attempts. My lower back has been a little tight, so I am making sure to cover every precautionary I can.
My lower back is already f-ed up from the big lordosis that I have (a huge anterior (forward) curvature.... for those that do not know what lordosis is :) ) Its so bad I have been told that I would have to wear a maturity belt if I ever became preggo...and its also the reason why my belly stucks out a little ;).  
The belt actually helps keep my abs tight as well as keep me in a neutral spine... the hardest squat for me is the OHS.... hell I'll tell ya. Oh well...

DWOD: 12 mins OTM 2 power cleans 85-90% & 4 burpees....
105 lbs for me.

I did most rds in 20 seconds... workout was tough but managable. I liked it... Power cleans are not really my favorite, not as bad the snatch, but not fun. I really have an issue getting into full extension. One day it will click.

Mentally I tried before each lift to say 3 positive things
"You can do this"
"Its just a lift"
"DO IT!"
After all that I took 3 deeps breaths, closed my eyes, open them, and went. No pause, no hesitation. I did get a little light headed getting set up because I take such a deep breath and hold it when I left off of the rack... I had to stop for a second and rebreathe and re-tighten up. But over all I felt good.

Made paleo pancakes this morning... chocolate chip and one pumpkin ;) yummmmmyyyyyyyy

0 comments: