BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

If I say I'm not sore....

I am freaking lying! I am sore everywhere! My back, my shoulders, my neck, my triceps... the list goes on! I am happy about it. I love/hate when I am sore, the love is that I did something that pushed my body, the hate... the soreness.

Today is a rest day, I was soooooo looking forward to the mobility WOD but my body said other wise. I went home yesterday about 3:30 slept till I had to meet up with coach for his weekly torture from me :) then straight back to bed and did not get up till about 6:30. I could have just went in for 30 mins but I decided to clean the house a little bit before work.

So I have decided that I am going to start a new mental regiment... sounds silly, but when I played golf back in the day, it was called a pre-shot routine. It really did help in high stressful situations (mental stress) on the golf course, so I am thinking that maybe for this it could do the same.

I really need to get my brain in check... esp during the deadlifts yesterday I was literally freaking out in my mind.  Why? What for? Its only weights, a bar, its on the floor all I have to do is pick the damn thing up! How freaking hard is that....what is so freaking scary about that? Seriously? I just don't understand how the human mind works.  I think its completely amazing how the mental part of anything can cause so much stress on one's self to the point that it disables them from doing something that they are truly capable of! Craziness I tell ya!


“Insanity: a perfectly rational response
to an insane world.”

0 comments: