BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 18, 2010

one word... wow...

Well what a morning. Rope climbs are not fun.... I'm seeing a pattern here...

5x5 Bench Press
65
85
95
105 (x4) then got all 5.

DWOD
50 BS 65
5 rope
40 BS  85
4 rope
30 BS  95
3 rope
20 BS 105
2 rope
10 BS 115
1 rope
42:52

The rope climbs KILLED my forearm. I couldn't even close my hands, my flexors and extensors of my forearm were SHOT! I wanted to scream, I wanted to cuss, I wanted to cry. It sucked horribly. I knew I had to finish, I got the 5 and 4 rope climbs rxd, then for 3 and 2 the knotted rope to give my arms a break, and finished out with the 1. So 10 rxd and 5 scaled.

I really am beginning to feel like I am not going to compete. I just don't have the drive anymore, other stuff going on that I would rather focus on. IDK.... not much more to say...

3 comments:

timeforchange15 said...

Just take it one day at a time girl. There are WOD's that I have the same feelings towards. But we both know they are just a work out. A major part of crossfit and making yourself better is working on your weaknesses. Everyone has room for improvement. Remember that. If I could do double unders as fast as you, life would be great. But I can't and I have to work on them all the time!! It's sooo stinkin frustrating ask Coach. I've been trying for 3 years and I still suck at them:) Don't put some much pressure on yourself and just do what you can. I know it's easier said then done, but believe me once you let go of these high "standards" you set for yourself, you will be able to grow and improve. I hope this makes sense for you A, I just see a lot of myself in you. I am my own worst enemy and I am trying to overcome that....

Hip Kitty said...

Listen to your heart, listen to your body. Do what YOU want to do, FOR you- no one else. As someone who has beat herself up for a long time, I get where you are at right now (I just never had the desire to compete- in any way, shape, or form). But I would compete with myself in DWODS. Take a breath, girl. At the end of the day, you are the only one who GETS to say what you want to do- and either way, Games or no Games- you are a tough athlete. Competing does not make you tough, you do.

A-bomb said...

Thank u so much for the kind words and words of wisdom. It's crazy to feel like u r the only one that experience these emotions when all reality there are a lot of people that feel exactly the same way. Its just facing the reality of what is best for you... And im just trying to figure that out.. Thank you guys again for ur responses!