Well another rest day... Nice, but I feel like such a slacker. Its quite funny, but hopefully by next week we are on a whole new routine...
food today...
B
6:30
4-2-10
2 egg whites
1 egg
4 bacon
1c mushrooms
1/2c salsa
2 TBSP AB
L
1:30
4-2-10
6 oz shrimp
24 spears
10 mac nuts
3 handful of Dried Cinnamon Apples from Fresh Market
D
6:45
4-0-10
4 oz chicken
2/3 lite coconut milk (cinn, vanilla, AB, choco protien)
Next week is going to be a true test... I know that I need to make sure to keep this pretty strict for 2 weeks to really see how it goes. I'll go into full detail what I am doing this weekend...till then good night....
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Oh boy...
Posted by A-bomb at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
for what it's worth: take it or leave it!!
dropping carb blocks and keeping them all green will usually do the trick...so, things like salsa, sw pots, and other fruits would need to take a back seat for a bit...as far as your fasting goes, I am not sure about dropping the fats in your last meal. Fats are dropped in that postWOD meal because fat slows down digestion (you likely already know this?) and since we would be cramming in up to 50% of your daily carbs in that meal, and usually higher density carbs like yams, we want them to pass thru in that quick 45-60min window- then add the fats back in, as you have shown (I think). But holding fat out of a meal prior to a big fast is setting up for disaster, unless I am missing something here...I could be wrong, but...
When all else fails: if your goal is leaning out, SLIGHT caloric restriction/control always trumps. I will warn you, tho- if your priority is to maintain strength (am assuming it IS!) be careful with this. Make sure you get all your protein and fat- but keep carbs low GI- read: GREEN and/or LEAFY. Higher density carbs and/or sugar (read: fructose) are usually the culprit when our body composition is not where we want it to be. I am NOT certified~ J and/or Kate are your go-tos here, but this has been my experience.
Wow Sarah thank soooo much! It really put in perspective on what I will need to do next week. I don't think my caloric intake is high... I think it's what I am consuming (ie fruits) and when I am eating them. Now starting in 2 weeks when we are going to the next step in our training I will be able to plan accordingly. I just was curious if I should do what I have done before with the 24 fast... Which was consuming double calories on post fasting... Or just consume but same # of calories as usual but starting small to larger amounts in a certain time window. I'm going to play around and see. Yah I want to lean out but maintaing my strength is moat important. It was just trying on a size pants that I have NEVER done scared me a little bit.... Just one day at a time....
Thanks for all your support chick. you are so awesome!
Post a Comment